Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific instructions on H&M’s official Competition page (“http://social.hm.com/ultimatesummer”) are the competition rules (“Rules”) and apply to the H&M’s “Ultimate Fashion Essentials” competition (“Competition”) by H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (“H&M”).
- By telling us what your Ultimate Fashion Essential for a New York break would be, as a comment to our Facebook and /or Google+ posts, each entrant (“you”) enter the Competition and agree to be bound by these Rules. The Competition commences April 2 at 8.00am GMT 2014 and closes at 11:59 GMT April 4 2014. The winners will be announced on H&M’s official Facebook and Google+ fan page.
- The winner have to be 18 years old or over and hold a valid passport and (if required) a valid VISA.
- The winner and runners up will be notified individually via Facebook and/or Google+ (“Finalist”). Failure of Finalists to respond to such notification within 48 hours will result in disqualification of Finalist and an alternative finalist will be selected (“Alternative Finalist”). Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. One (1) Winner will be selected from all Finalists by the Jury on April 7, 2014.
- The potential Winner will be notified via Facebook and/or Google+. Failure of potential Winner to respond to such notification within 48 hours will result in disqualification of potential Winner and an alternative potential winner will be selected (“Alternative Potential Winner”). Alternative Potential Winner will be contacted as soon as practicable and shall also have 48 hours to respond H&M reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any Alternative Potential Winner, if any.
- Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the terms and conditions, found here http://socialextra.rax.hm.com/ultimate-summer
- H&M may, at its sole discretion, apply, interpret, terminate, alter, limit, suspend or modify the Competition, and/or its Rules, regulations or benefits at any time, without notice. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions. The most recent terms and conditions will always be posted on the Competition page (http://social.hm.com/UltimateSummer)
- Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of H&M are not eligible to enter the Competition. H&M reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if H&M is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
- You are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, H&M’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
- H&M reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants, and disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of copyright infringement. H&M also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- H&M cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with winning the prize, else than what is specified in the Rules. If costs such as taxes or loss of income would arise as a result of winning the Competition, they shall be covered by you.
- Only Entries submitted as a comment on the competition posts are accepted.
- The winner and runner up will be chosen by the H&M Judges (the “Winners”).
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are as follows: Attend H&M NY event, travel to New York, hotel accommodations (1-3 May 2014) for two (2) people. Winner: H&M Gift card 400 USD First runner up: H&M Gift card 700 USD. Second runner up: H&M Gift card 400 USD.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. H&M reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at H&M’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, H&M (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- By entering the competition and accepting the Rules you agree your texts can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by H&M.
- By entering the competition and accepting the Rules, you agree that H&M may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your full name in promotional formats. By entering the competition, you give H&M permission to contact you via email if you are a Winner of the competition.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden. If you access the Competition outside of Sweden, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- The Competition is organised by H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB, 556042-7220, SE-106 38 Stockholm, Sweden.